The new year has begun and after a complicated 2021, many are left to wonder what the housing market will look like throughout 2022. Many factors come into consideration when trying to understand
Top things to look for when buying a new house
Dated: February 12 2021
When it comes to buying a new house, there are so many things that a person has to look for that it might be overwhelming. From location to security, space, affordability and more. You want to be 100% sure that the place you’re buying is the place you want to live in the long term, so here are some essentials to look for before buying a house.
According to the “Zillow Group Consumer Housing Trends Report 2019”, buyers wants and needs are as follows:
● Safety: 82% say a neighborhood that feels safe is very or extremely important
● Walkability: 60% say it’s very or extremely important
● Preferred neighborhood: 56% say it’s very or extremely important
● Proximity to shopping, services and/or leisure activities: 53% say it’s very or extremely important
● Optimal commute to work or school: 52% say it’s very or extremely important
● Offers a sense of community or belonging: 48% say it’s very or extremely important
● Close to family and friends: 46% say it’s very or extremely important
● In preferred school district: 43% say it’s very or extremely important.
At the end of the day, none of this matters if you can’t afford the house. And it involves so much more than just buying.
1. The right price: Based on your income, you have to acknowledge the monthly payments that come with a house, such as bills, mortgage, down payment, maintenance. There is also the need to be pre-approved by a lender, who will approve you for a loan up to a specific amount, based on your income, debt and credit history.
2. Size matters: You need to plan ahead when buying a house. Are you planning on starting a family? Will it be only yourself or do you have a companion? 2 bedrooms is enough? A big yard is important? All of this comes into play when searching. All while fitting in your budget.
3. Forget the superficial: Every house comes with it’s own style and history. Maybe the previous owner really liked a wall color or that ugly wallpaper that just by looking at it makes you cringe. But these things are all superficial. Furniture can be changed, walls can be painted, thrash can be thrown away. Don’t let your first impressions decide where to live. A house is so much more than just a color.
4. Nearby schools and universities: If you have or plan on having kids, living near a good school is very important. All parents want their children to have the best education, so it is always good to check out the school district ratings, visit them and gather information about education and programs.
5. Safe neighborhood: According to the Zillow 2019 Report, 82% of people who are searching for a house want to live in a safe neighborhood. Doing prior research is very important before moving. You can find a lot of information for specific cities in Florida. Cities such as Boca Raton and Fort Myers have been covered here in the blog, and they stand out for being safe.
6. Don’t be afraid to ask: Your realtor is available to help you. While buying a house a lot of questions will come in your mind. Make sure to get them all answered. You will want to be 100% sure of what you are doing before making a life changing decision.
At Agent Plus Realty we have many trained agents with years of experience waiting to assist you in finding a house for you and your family. Give us a call and we can talk and sort out any questions you have!
• Call now: 954-605-2954
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• We are hiring realtors. Apply now!